Here’s what we’ve decided to do about Clubs (a.k.a. Groups, a.k.a. Teams)
1. We will create a list of existing Club names, and their Leaders on There2 (T2).
2. When someone tries to create a new Club, we’ll see if the name is in the list. If it is we’ll see if you’re the Leader of the Club.
3. If you’re the Leader, then you’re good. We create the Club.
4. If you’re not, you don’t get to create the Club.
5. After some period of time (like, say, six months), we’ll delete the list, effectively freeing up any unclaimed Club Names.
The new Club(s) you create will be empty. You’ll have to recreate the content, get members to sign up, etc, etc. In affect, all we’re restoring is the Club Name (and later probably your ownership of the ClubHouse, if any).
In other news, see the attached:
Looks pretty boring, huh? Well it’s not boring because it’s the first end-to-end successful reclamation of an old Avatar from There in QA. This is exciting because it’s obviously a key part of what we need to do.
Ops will start building the Production Cluster this week in the Cloud. Of course “Cluster” is a strong word compared to the thousands of servers we used to have, but it’s a beginning.