Here is SamSyn’s email to me about this weekend’s results:
I have decided to use this medium to extend a prosperous business hand shake with you and welcome you in the Oil & Gas industry. Having been in this sector of the economy since 1998, I will say without mincing words that I know the terrain 100% and can guarantee our smooth operation in this highly legitimate and money spinning venture.
I just located a dormant crude oil lifting license to a company that is presently out of business. This license gives the owner the mandate to lift and market a total of 60 million barrels of the crude oil for a total period of 5 years thus a sales capacity of 1 million barrels monthly. As the license remains valid for another 3 years, I will use my network as a staff of this petroleum agency to reassign this license to your names or your company name if you have one to enable us share the proceeds 50%-50% basis. .
As a license operator with this National Oil Company, you are entitled to a host commission of $3 per each barrel sold. Since the license has a capacity of One Million barrels for a month, Going by the commission of $3 per barrel, You will be receiving a total amount of Three Million United States Dollars ($3MUSD) at the end of every sales operation each month.
As a license holder, your job is to locate the end buyers of the crude oil and facilitate a buy/sales transaction of the crude oil between the National Oil Company being the seller and the buyers. My job status as a staff of the Company will not allow me to personal own the license so I will, take up the responsibility of locating the buyers and being on the ground to facilitate the sales operations. You will play the role of the license owner and the beneficiary to the sales proceeds which will be shared between us at 50:50 thereafter.
I will need your comments and queries to explain further and also advise us on the process of reacquiring the license to you as the new operator and the mode of operation of this project.
Oh Wait, sorry, wrong email. Try this one:
So I can use ThereIM without VPN and NOT get stuck at ‘loading buddies’
I shall inform the masses to try again. Right now all the recent prod nags appear to be resolved at the same time:
* http://www.there.com and http://www.prod.there.com bring up nice registration/login pages
* 2D login works
* 3D login works
* Opening a 2D page from inside the client does not redirect through login
* profiles appear OK
* shopping appears OK
* ThereIM can log in
* ThereIM can establish ETP
* ThereIM can load buddies
* ThereIM can load gear (Secret blah blah blah blah)
* ThereIM can create new gear folder and such
What still DOESN’T work
* establishing initial vis connection (I just fixed that in simnet, will check it in for QA. This should also make voice work
so 3D client never shows you in world (unless on VPN)
* when you FORCE a login redirect, it doesn’t always show the login form.
NO, this does not mean you can register, or log in.
And our obligatory screen shot:
P.S. I need to remind everyone that:
- We still haven’t gotten ThereIM running perfectly.
- When we get ThereIM up, it will be a couple of weeks before we get the world up (at least). Sorry, but a whole world with physics etc, etc is a bit more complex than ThereIM.
- There will be 18+. I’ve seen some of the hopefuls on Facebook, and I hate to remind you, but There has to be 18+ now. You’d have to lie to get in, and, if you did, and we find out (which we will), you’d just be banned, with no refunds given.
We’ll keep working on it.