Here’s today’s update:
- This morning, we caught up with all the migrations. So, if you recovered a legacy avatar before today, it should be all restored.
- SamSyn is working with selected users to understand the “I don’t look how I expected to” problem. We think we understand it, but want to make sure.
- We also want to understand and fix the ThereIM “Give” bug. We want to do this because it’s a good way to move possessions between your alts and what will become your primary account.
Here’s are our priorities going forward, aside from the bugs above:
- Get the CMS (Content Management System) working again. This is important to we stop getting “page not found” errors on many of the site’s pages.
- Make new Builds for ThereIM (so you don’t have to do the silly edit-the-shortcut stuff), and the 3D client.
- Creating Sectors for the “Welcome Walkway” and a SamSyn-selected race zone. We decided on these because they will give us the best stress test.
- Select some number of Avatars who will be allowed to come in and test the new zones. Kind of like Guinea Pigs, but with vehicles.
Do not tsunami the blog begging to be a Guinea Pig ++, or send us emails, or call the office. The selection process will be random.
Let me remind everyone, please do not download “Hair Patches”, nor “Patched Clients”. In some cases, these patches are illegal (you’re stealing someone else’s work), and in other cases, well, we don’t know what these versions of There, or ThereIm they are. Just say no.
Over the next week, we’ll be writing the policy for researching and recovering “forgotten” accounts. You an expect that this policy will require some sort of identification to be sent to us, and some sort of fee.
I know that some people will feel the fee is unfair, but at the end of the day, we will have to spend real person time doing this research, and we pay someone to do this. It’s not reasonable to expect us to do it for Free.
I would like to thank all the members who have given other members support here, on Facebook, and on the various other forums. That’s exactly how we need to work going forward, and exactly how we will keep costs down.
Finally, as part of our ABIP (Avatar Behavious Improvement Program), I’d like to announce a special server for those avatars with “behavior problems” or just aren’t pretty enough. Here’s a picture of it:
Ok, just kidding. This is an old camp at ~9000 ft in Montana. Someone user to live here.