As I said last week, we’d expected to expand the GP3D pool this week after we got a couple of more clients cut and out.
That’s taken a little longer than expected because:
- The GP3Ds found some problems with voice – again related to the whole “Private IP address versus Public IP address” issue. While I’m disappointed these are coming up, I’m actually very happy we’ve been forced to do this, since having all of our servers have “private” addresses (or NAT’d for you Geeks) is more secure than the old way.
- SamSyn’s also been working on various inventory bugs, and fixing a few, uh, travesties, in how inventory was accessed. I’m not even going to tell you how many times we went back to the servers to do something incredibly simple like, oh, GET THE FREAKING ICON FOR THE ITEM EVEN THOUGH IT NEVER FREAKING CHANGES.
The gentleman in the picture above sometimes has better inventory management than we do.
I expect we’ll have a new client for the GP3Ds today and be moving right along.
There! There’s an update!
P.S. Today’s photo was taken many, many, many years ago when I worked for Oracle Corporation, and was sent to China to help sell Oracle to the Chinese. This was actually before Tienamen, so that tells you how long ago it was. It was a very different place then.
P.S.S. That photo was actually taken on “film” and I had the resulting slide digitized.