Here are the 4 things we’re working on right now:
ADNOueepcvietegnilh oobTnpoo er IrhTm ohaPoegrd eosPsg u r b a l m i c
(That’s really Auction Images, Developer Program, Neighborhoods and Open to the Public carefully interspersed so no one will
get their panties in a bunch think we’ll be working on anything “Dead Last”. The truth is, we’re working on all of them at once.
1. Fixing Auction images, we’re waiting to roll a fix out to see if it fixes it.
2. For the Developer program, it’s a very complex thing to get you to the point to where you can re-submit your previously approved designs. You see, when your Avoid changed (that’s the 64-bit number unique to your avatar), it disconnected you from all of your old submissions, and all the little bits that go with them. It’s not a disaster, we just need to make sure we put all the bits together again correctly, which entails Samsyn writing a mind-dissolving script to basically toss all the new Avoids and Submissions up in the air, and then catch and assemble them (correctly) as they fall to the ground. You can understand that one can only work on something like this so long before they need to take a break and work on something easier, like discovering the Higgs Boson or Dark Matter.
3. For the Hoods, we’re actually pretty far along here, and will probably be able to drop a There-Owned Hood (like Santa’s Village) as a test. Once we’re sure that all works correctly, Bruce can spin up another server for some member hoods, and we can start restoring them in the order they sent in their emails requesting their hoods be restored.
4. Opening to the Public is actually the easiest thing to do, but we’re probably going to hold off on that.
How long? Well, we have to decide whether new users will be concerned about the landing areas being barren (Zona, etc) – because THAT requires Hoods, and/or if they will be dismayed by the high prices in Auctions (presumably because of the Developer program not working yet). I suspect that we’ll do it somewhere between Hoods and the Developer Program, but I’m not sure about that.
Now, to the less happy part of our program. A few reminders:
1. DO NOT share Avatars. We’ve already had at least two incidents where people shared Avatars, and then “broke up” (so to speak), and got into big fights over who owned what, and ask us (all 3 of us, who have nothing better to do) to resolve it. I’m sorry, but in those situations, we really can’t resolve these things, and we’re going to leave you to your own, 18 and over devices.
2. DO NOT share Avatars with Banned members. We know there are a couple that are running around doing that, and, trust me, we WILL find out, and not only will we ban the sharee avatar, we’ll ban the sharer to. It’s kind of like real life: If you give someone a gun, and they use it in a robbery, then you’re an accessory.
3. DO NOT use hate speech, and DO NOT expect us to fall for “hate-speech-expletive”-Oh-I’m-Kidding to work either. It doesn’t work for 7-year olds who say “You’re Stupid, just kidding”, it won’t work for you.
When I have better dates for the four projects above, I’ll let you know. I also owe you all an operating costs update, which I haven’t gotten to yet :-).