I wanted to quickly update folks on the Submission Guidelines, since we haven’t had time to update the TOS/Submission Guidelines:
There is now 18+
- Restrictions on “Blood and Gore” and “Adult oriented language” no longer apply, as long as they don’t involve:
- Hate speech.
- Explicit descriptions of lewd acts (pretty much if the description explicitly involves a body part you can’t expose in public, it falls into this category)
- Illegal acts or encouraging illegal activity
- Language reflecting personal attacks on another person (“I’m going to assault you” is a personal attack).
- The Fig Leaf still applies, every pixel of it. This isn’t P0rn world, folks
- Using Alts to game the Peer Review system is strictly Forbidden, a.k.a “Common Sense”
- Using Bullying tactics against reviewers is strictly Forbidden, a.k.a “Common Sense”
- Using Bullying, or influence to garner negative reviews is also Forbidden, a.k.a “Common Sense”
Basically, it boils down to “Common Sense”
If someone could get away with wearing the product in real life, it’s probably not breaking the TOS, the exception being, of course, the Fig Leaf guideline, which is MORE restrictive than real life.
Let me cite a few examples which have come to light:
- There’s a shirt being reviewed which says something like “And I shaved my balls for this?”. While this may not be to many people’s taste, it doesn’t violate the guidelines, and should not be rejected.
- There are products out there which have rules in the description about who the seller would prefer to buy them (it’s a “Team Shirt”). Not only is there no way for the seller to enforce this, this is not against the guidelines, and shouldn’t be rejected because of it.
- There are products which clearly violate the “Hollister” brand and look, and people are justifying their approval because “products like that have been approved before”. We have the right to recognize that was a mistake, and those products will be recalled, and their purchase prices refunded. So, enjoy ’em while you have ’em.
We know that some people won’t like some of the product which are being approved, but we all see things every day in real life we don’t like, and find ways to deal with them.
We’re working on improvements which will render “Ignored” Avatars in Newbie clothes, which will give you another tool “tailor” what you see in the world to your taste. (We decided that rendering them as skeletons, or making them invisible, would not work well, and cause all kinds of other problems).
As several people have pointed out, the review system is to review compliance, not personal preference. We realize that many of you may not like some items, or may not like the rules in the descriptions, but if they’re not forbidden in the TOS, you shouldn’t reject a product because of it. Just like the real world, tastes vary.
99.9% of the Peer Reviews have been GREAT, and we’re processing far more products faster than we did before. As with anything else new, there will be a period of confusion, and certainly misunderstandings. As we learn more, we can improve the system, and how we use it. As long as people continue to be Civil and grown up about it, we think it’s going to work out great.